SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Downtown Sacramento is reining in the winter weather as the ice rink prepares for its opening day.
The Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink reopens for the season on Nov. 9 with a $2 charge for admission on opening day. Regular admission usually costs $15 with the cost dropping to $8 for children six and under.
As the weather cools down, downtown Sacramento is ready to help jumpstart the dive into the winter holidays.
For anyone whose holidays begins with a trip to the ice rink, here’s what to know.
When and where is it?
The Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink is located at Ali Youssefi Square at 7th and K Streets. Opening day kicks off on Nov. 9, but it’s expected to run through January 16. It’ll be closed on Monday, with the exception of holidays.
- Tuesday-Thursday: 2pm – 9pm
- Friday – Sunday: 10pm – 10pm
- Veterans Day 10pm – 9pm
- Nov 20 – Nov 27 10 am – 10 pm
- Thanksgiving Day 10 am – 4 pm
- Christmas Eve 10am – 9pm
- Christmas Day 12pm – 9pm
- Dec 26 – Jan 8 10 am – 10 pm
- New Year’s Eve 10 am – 9 pm
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day 10 a.m. – 8 p.m
How much is it?
Heading to the ice rink will cost you at least $15 for regular admission and $8 for children six and under. The cost includes skate rentals.
There are some days where you can get in cheaper though. Opening day, as previously mentioned, will only charge people $2 to get in.
Beyond opening day, there’s still some discounts available to have some fun at the ice rink for a little less money. View the list below for the deals.
- $5 off with Western Health Advantage card
- $5 off with same-day receipt from a DOCO business
- $2 off with same-day SacRT ticket or pass
- FREE for Veterans and Active Duty with Military ID
- FREE for Sacramento Kings Kids Club All-Star Members
Tickets are available upon arrival at the entrance to the rink, but some reservations can be made in advance.
View the Google Map below for a visual on where to find the ice rink.
For a traffic map, view the Waze map below.
ICEMAN! The coolest job in Long Barn | Bartell’s Backroads