Dust Bowl Brewing Co. – Market Manager – Central Valley (Stockton-Bakersfield) – Brewbound.com Craft Beer Job Listing
Director of Sales and Marketing
This is a sales and promotions position working for Dust Bowl Brewery Co. Sales Department. The goal is to facilitate beer sales, support our distributor partners, build relationships with retail customers both on and off-premise and promote our brand at various events throughout the year. This position will require regularly working more than 40 hours per week. You will spend most of your time on the road. This position does not have a regular set schedule and will include nights and weekends. You will be required to adapt your schedule to meet the needs of the position.
Essential job responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Existing On-Premise Accounts Calls
- Establish Agreed Upon Account List and Maintain a Regular Call Frequency on Existing On-Premise Accounts to Build Strong Relationships and Increase the Rate of Sales of Dust Bowl Brands.
- On premise non buys
- Develop Agreed Upon On-Premise Non-Buy target list and Schedule Meetings with Decision Maker to Sell In Dust Bowl Brands to Expand Distribution and Increase Sales of Dust Bowl Brands.
- Independent off premise
- Establish Agreed Upon Independent Off Premise Account List and Maintain a Regular Call Frequency to Build Strong Relationships, Sell-In New Brands and Packages, and Increase Display Activity.
- Chain Store Execution
- Call on Local Chain Stores to Maximize Execution of Authorized Activity at Store Level including, Promotions, Placements, and Displays.
- Wholesale Sales Team
- Establish Strong Network with Wholesaler Sales Team (Team Leaders and Sales Representatives) through Daily Communications and Regular Work Withs.
- consumer sampling
- Regularly Schedule Promotions at Local Accounts and Participate in Fairs, Festivals, and Marketing Events to Increase Dust Bowl Brand Awareness in the Market through Product Trials and Education.
- team activities
- Participate in Team Activities such as Brewery Events, Crew Drives, and Other Activities as Requested from Time to Time
- Admin Responsibilities
- Ensure Weekly / Monthly Admin Responsibilities are Completed and Submitted on Time.
- Development & Learning
- Take personal responsibility for your development and learning
- wholesaler management
- Communicate with the wholesaler on a regular basis to ensure we are aligned and fully executing agreed upon action plans.
- Ensure Dust Bowl pricing is competitive by knowing your wholesaler PTRs and retailer PTCs in your market. Complete PTC surveys as requested and ensure we have the most recent version of our wholesaler’s pricing.
- Inventory & Ordered
- Review the wholesaler’s inventory levels and check code dates on a regular basis by walking the warehouse. Communicate any issues.
- Sales meetings
- Participate in sales meetings as may be requested from time to time to launch new brands/packages and be the face of Dust Bowl.
- Communication Proficiency
- Results driven
- Customer/client focus
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving
- organizational skills
- Team work orientation
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
This job includes travel to and calls on on-premise and off-premise accounts, local chain offices, and venues. It also includes planned wholesaler market visits as budgeted that include wholesaler meetings, warehouse walk-throughs, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is required to drive, walk, sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a regular, full-time salaried position with some flexibility in hours allowed, employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Day, evening, and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily within the assigned region during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
Education based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business acumen is a necessity.
AA or bachelor’s degree and equivalent 4 years work experience with a minimum of one year outside sales experience with beverage industry-related sales and/or beer distributor background required.
Preferred Education and Experience
Knowledge and familiarity with similar products.
Dust Bowl Brewing Co. offers compensation packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- Current Motor Vehicle Report
- Must live in or near the region
- Pass pre-employment screening
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.