As the pandemic wanes, travel is soaring.
Fresno Yosemite International Airport officials reported they anticipate a busy summer travel season beginning this Memorial Day weekend and lasting beyond Labor Day in the fall.
“Fully recovered to pre-pandemic passenger levels, FAT is forecasting record passenger volume during the summer travel period,” a statement read. “Travelers are encouraged to arrive early and to check with their airline for any requirements to ensure seamless travel.
Traveling for Memorial Day?:Here’s when to avoid hitting the road, according to experts
“With flights anticipated near or at capacity, fewer options may be available to accommodate rebooking if flights are missed.”
Airport and airline officials ensure they’re ready for the boost.
With more flights and more choices this summer, the airport will keep travelers well connected to other airports and cities. Expanded destinations and schedules for travelers flying FAT now and through the summer include:
- New aha! twice weekly service to Reno-Lake Tahoe.
- United Airlines resuming daily service between Fresno and Chicago operated with a mainline aircraft starting June 3.
- Aeromexico increasing seat capacity to Guadalajara by operating daily flights from six days a week beginning June 14-Aug. 31, and twice daily service on Tuesdays through Aug. 31.
- Southwest adding a fourth Las Vegas flight to their July 5-Sept. 5 schedule operating Sunday-Friday.
- United Airlines increasing seat capacity to the Denver market by operating three daily flights from two and transitioning to a mainline aircraft on two of their three flights.
- American Airlines increasing daily Dallas Fort Worth service to four flights from three.
New parking options are now available at Fresno Yosemite with the opening of the airport’s four-level garage. The new garage features more than 900 parking spaces, ADA accessible stalls, electric vehicle (EV) charging stations, payment kiosks and is equipped with innovative Park Assist Technology.