Dalton, GA, September 22, 2022-CARE reports that the Q2 2022 California Carpet Stewardship Program recycling rate hit 31.7%, slightly below Q1, but well above the 27% target for the year. However, carpet sales are expected to continue to decline in the second half of the year. Increased transportation costs along with the continued Covid Action Plan Subsidies and reduced carpet sales resulted in expenses exceeding assessments collected. As a result, the program will see an aggressive assessment increase go into effect on January 1, 2023; details are forthcoming, pending CalRecycle’s approval.
In addition, the organization announced its latest public carpet recycling drop-off sites:
* CWS-DTLA, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County
* California Waste Services LLC, Gardena, Los Angeles County
* DFS Flooring LP, Van Nuys, Los Angeles County
* Keller Interiors, Bakersfield, Kern County
* Keller Interiors, Benicia, Solano County
* Keller Interiors, San Diego, San Diego County
* Keller Interiors, Stockton, San Joaquin County
* Keller Interiors, Visalia, Tulare County
* Palomar Transfer Station, Carlsbad, San Diego County
* Tri County Design Center, Petaluma, Sonoma County
There are currently 111 CARE public drop-off sites in all 58 California counties.