Morning, everybody! I’m back with your new edition of the Concord Daily. Keep reading for the most important things happening in town these days.
- One person is still missing after a water rescue on Friday in Antioch.
- Police used a drone to flush out a perpetrator.
- King Kong vs Godzilla is coming to the Orinda Theater!
Here are the top stories in Concord today:
- ConFire conducted a water rescue at Deer Valley Road & Carpinteria Dr. in Antioch on Friday afternoon. One victim was treated at the scene and released. The second victim has not been located. (Claycord.com)
- Antioch police officers made contact with a suspect on Oakley Road in Antioch on January 3. They observed a firearm in the suspect’s vehicle. The suspect ran from the scene and Antioch police sent up a drone. The suspect was located by the drone hiding in the bushes nearby and was taken into custody without incident. (Claycord.com)
- District 16 assembly member Rebecca Bauer-Kahan will hold office hours in the Sarge Littlehale Room at Orinda City Hall on January 11. “During in-person office hours, my staff will be on hand to speak with you about your thoughts on legislation and other important issues. Additionally, our team is well-equipped to work with you on a variety of issues relating to state agencies like the EDD and DMV,” the assembly member said in a statement. (News 24/680)
- Republic Services, Inc. has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index (DJSI). Republic Services serves Antioch, Martinez, Benicia, Pleasant Hill, Clayton, Walnut Creek, Danville, Lafayette, Orinda, Moraga, and unincorporated parts of Contra Costa County, specializing in “recycling, solid waste, special waste, hazardous waste, container rental and field services.” (Contra Costa News)
- Some of our East Bay Regional Parks were able to reopen on Friday. Contra Costa News has a list of those that reopened. All other regional parks remain closed as storm damage is assessed and mitigated. “Potential hazards remain at closed parks.”
Today in Concord:
- Come join Cunamacué, a dance group based in Oakland, for an Afro-Peruvian Family Dance Class for children and adults at the Antioch library. (3:00 PM)
- Head over to EJ Phair Brewing Company in Pittsburg for “A fun night of laughs hosted by Pat McCoy and featuring Bay Area comedy legends Larry “Bubbles” Brown and Pittsburg’s own Johnny Steele.” (8:00 PM)
- Inflatables Rock “Brings their LIVE Rock Show to Dan’s” Irish Sports Bar in Walnut Creek. (9:30PM)
From my notebook:
- 2022 annual Antioch award nominations are now open. “Nomination forms must be completed and received by the Antioch Chamber of Commerce no later than 5 pm on Friday, February 10, 2023.”
- The latest installation of The Chiller Diller Theater presents King Kong vs Godzilla at the Orinda Theater on Jan. 21, at 9:30 pm
- “Two speakers from Contra Costa Behavioral Health will talk about anxiety in children and teens and give parents suggestions about what to look for, how to help, and to whom to turn if they are concerned about their children’s mental health. ” This will be an online event on January 25 presented by the Contra Costa Library.
Thanks for following along and staying informed. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update!
— Jeri Karges
Comments are closed.